
No injuries!! The run went well and I averaged just over 11 minutes and 30 seconds per mile. If I can pick up about 15 seconds more per mile I should finish the race under 5 hours which is the goal. A bit more weight loss would also help the speed. 20 days to race day. Weight upon completion of the run 209 lbs. Mothers Day food was too good to ignore and I paid a heavy price. We run 10 miles this weekend as we taper down.
I ran all 20 miles with Susan McDonald a team member from my 2007 year also. She was nursing a sore ankle yet pushed my pace which was good. Thank you Susan!
The race will be an additional 6.2 miles longer than the practice run. The body felt like all parts were still functional and will go the distance. Now to just stay healthy until race day. At this age it could be a delicate task!
Thanks for following my progress and sponsoring me. I'm getting anxious for race day!
No comments:
Post a Comment