
It's hard to believe months of training, many miles and a 25 pound weight loss have me in shape to go 26.2 miles in five DAYS! I'll have a few light runs this week and then it's rest, hydrate and carbo loading on Friday and Saturday.
Sunday morning starts out about 3 AM with a light breakfast. Then a rendezvous about 4 AM to get my ride into San Diego. We will gather as a team, drop our stuff off at the UPS truck for delivery to the finish line and then head to our corral. At 6:30 the race starts it takes about five or more minutes to get across the start line as 20,000 people try to go through a three or four lane space. It starts out slow and crowded then eases up a bit as distance stretches us out. There are 40 rock bands on the course and lot's of crazies running and on the side lines!
The money is raised (Thanks and I pray for a cure), the weight is down as far as I was able (I will be 209 on race morning) and I'm shooting for a 5 hour or less finish!
I will have Terry Farrell named on my shirt and run in his honor. Terry is my brother-in law who's been fighting a stage 4 diagnosis for about 18 months or more. It's a bitch, he's a fighter and I am amazed at his determination as he battles the disease and the drugs that help him fight it.
I hope to remain healthy the whole way and finish as planned. I will finish one way or the other. When you wake up Sunday I'll be running, thanking the Lord for the opportunity to do so and thinking of all who have supported me in so many ways.
The results will be blogged as soon as I come to my senses afterward!
No comments:
Post a Comment