Monday, May 18, 2009

11 Miles in poor form!


We've started the tapering process and had an 11 mile run on a nice trail out in Escondido. The morning fog stayed long enough to keep us cool. It was a tough run for me due to a serious lapse in judgment the prior evening. After consuming more than my share of Knob Creek Bourbon Friday night I became impervious to the fact that I needed to drag my ass out of bed at 5:30 AM and run 11 miles. Although the bourbon was mixed with a reasonable splash of water the effect was not positive for hydration purposes. To put it in automotive terms I started with a slight ping, progressed to a strong knock and finished humming along, after after having blown all the junk out of my system. Stupid it was!!
Ok, now to re-group and get ready. Resolution # 1-- no more booze until post race. I did hit 208 lbs and still anticipate weight loss. Race day weight should be about 205 lbs.
My running partner for race day is Susan McDonald!! We were slated to run 2007 RNR together until I made one last,pre race, visit to a porta-potie! I never saw her again. She ran a 5 hour race and I walked in 38 minutes later. She is a strong runner and has gone sub 5 hours before. She and I ran the 20 miles together and I enjoyed it immensly. This is huge to me because running solo is difficult. This will keep the pace up and really help me target my 5 hour goal!
While Seattle is still a questtion mark she's running it also so I am reconsidering my options.
My fundraising goal is met and I thank each and every one of you for your contribution and well wishes. It's been an incredible training season and I can't wait for the "VICTORY LAP"

1 comment:

  1. Way to go Chris!!! You're gonna do awesome. Yeah, just stay away from that crazy bourbon :)

    ReplyDelete